Terms Of Business
Our website terms and conditions document is intended for use in England and Wales in relation to Media Chameleon Limited websites and our services. Please read the notes accompanying the terms and conditions very carefully.
- These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted by Media Chameleon Limited (formerly HAQ Publishing Ltd). For the purpose of these conditions, ‘Advertiser’ shall refer to the Advertiser or his Agency whichever is the principal.
- All advertisers will be sent a confirmation of order on the day of booking, which is the written notification of the verbal agreement made between Media Chameleon and the Advertiser on the day of order. The confirmation does not require a signature, and will be deemed to hold the correct details if changes are not made within the specified time.
- The due date for payment is 14 days after publication and invoicing of each annual publication, and 14 days from the date of invoice for online advertising. If accounts are not paid by the due date, Media Chameleon reserves the right to make surcharges at the rate of up 3% per month until the invoice is settled.
- Charges will be made by the Advertiser where the printers are involved in extra production work owing to acts or defaults of the Advertiser. The charges will be at the rates charged by the printer.
- The Advertiser is responsible for informing Media Chameleon of any copyright issues arising from their advertising material, and also removing any material which contravenes copyright law before supplying to Media Chameleon.
- Every care is taken to avoid mistakes but Media Chameleon cannot accept liability for any errors due to third parties, subcontractors or inaccurate copy instructions. Once proofs are sent to the customer for approval, the liability for any errors or omissions are passed to the advertiser.
- If copy instructions or amendments are not received by the agreed copy date no guarantees can be given that corrections will be made and Media Chameleon reserves the right to repeat the most appropriate copy.
- Media Chameleon reserves the right to refuse any advertisement at any time for good reason, in which case no claim on the part of any advertisers for damages or breach of contract shall arise. If such omission or suspension is due to an act or default of the Advertiser, e.g. by not supplying agreed copy, then the space reserved for the advertisement shall be paid for in full, despite the advertisement has not appeared.
- The Advertiser warrants that the advertisement does not contravene any Act of Parliament nor is it in any other way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party’s right or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising Practice.
- In accepting financial company advertisements, the Publisher does so on the understanding that their copy content authorisation and placing have been processed by the advertiser and in accordance with the requirements of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000.
- The Advertiser will indemnify Media Chameleon fully in respect of any claim made against Media Chameleon arising from the advertisement. The Publisher will consult with the Advertiser as to the way in which such claims are handled.
- Media Chameleon Reserves the right to cancel any order without liability in the event of becoming aware of any meetings of creditors, bankruptcy, liquidation proceedings, the appointment of a receiver or administrative receiver over the whole or substantial part of the Buyer’s assets, or any indication whatsoever of financial difficulties.
- Advertising agents recognised by the PPA will be allowed by Media Chameleon 10% commission on the quoted rates as appropriate provided payment is made by the due date and all other requirements are strictly complied with.
- All telephone calls made to / from Media Chameleon Limited may be recorded.
- These conditions and all other express terms of the contract shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England.
- All web advertisements are posted onto our web site(s), within 14 days of the order being placed.
- Payment for advertising services can be made via
- BACS – Bank HSBC Sort Code 40-23-11 Account Number 21382330 and state the Confirmation Order number in the transaction.
- Cheque – Please make cheque payable to Media Chameleon Limited’ Please state Your confirmation of Order number on the back of cheque.
- By telephone (Via Credit Card / Debit card). All major cards are accepted except American Express. Your card details will be authorized online, via a virtual terminal or via a PDQ. Your card details will not be kept on file.
- On-line payment can also be made via the Media Chameleon Websites via credit card – This service will not be available until late in 2017.
- Payment made prior to publication of any hard copy magazine advertising will receive a 10% discount as outlined in the confirmation of Order.
- Any complaints about the company, services or products it provides can be addressed in the following ways :
- In writing and post to the following person and address : Kerri Levene, Media Chameleon Limited, Head Office, Suite 6Bi / 6Bii Britannia House, Leagrave Road, Luton, Bedfordshire. LU3 1RJ
- By telephoning and speaking directly to Kerri Levene on 01582 488385.
- By emailing Kerri@mediachameleon.co.uk, please include the following in the subject title ‘ Complaining about ..’
If applicable , please state the confirmation of order number in any correspondence
- Notice is required within 7 working days of order. After this, cancellations will be subject to a £25 surcharge and will only be made where time before printing deadline allows.
- Cancellations can bein the following ways :
- By telephoning and speaking directly to Diane Shaw or Kerri Levene on 01582 488385.
- By emailing Proofs@mediachameleon.co.uk, please include the following in the subject title ‘ Cancelling order number XX ..’
Please state the confirmation of order number in any correspondence.