Benefits of Social Media for Businesses
According to the latest statistics, there are 4.72 billion social media users out there. The chances are your target audience is part of that 4.72 billion. So, if your business is not already on social media, it definitely should be and here are 12 reasons why.
Benefits of Social Media:
- Boost brand awareness: Being on social media gives your business more exposure to a range of different people. All of these people are potential customers. You have the chance to draw consumers in and teach them about your offerings.
- Get more website traffic: There are many ways to drive traffic to your website on social media. Some examples are: linking your website in your bio and having call-to-actions at the end of posts or in captions.
- Generate leads: Be it through organic reach or paid ads, social media is a way to generate warm leads and get more sales.
- Establish your brand as a ‘thought leader’: Many people use social media as a search engine, or as an educational resource. If you post informative and insightful content, you can become a ‘go-to’ brand in your industry.
- Stay updated: Social media is a way to keep up-to-date with the latest market and marketing trends.
- Promote products/services: Post photos and/or videos, share reviews and customer images. Show how customers can use your product or why they need it. This will increase awareness of your products/services and answer questions customers may have about your products.
Still not convinced?
More social media benefits for businesses:
- Build a good reputation: Others will be able to see who you are and what you do. You can use this to foster good relationships with your audiences or leave a lasting impression.
- Customer-business communications: Social media enables customers to easily contact you with questions and concerns, serving as a crisis management tool for your business.
- Target audience research: You can learn more about your customers by engaging them, posting polls or analysing what types of things they do, post, use, like etc.
- Keep an eye on competitors: You can stay up-to-date with what your competitors are doing. Take note of their marketing techniques.
- Get insights and analytics: All social media platforms offer free insights and analytics. This is useful data you can review and collect to help you improve your business.
- Gauge interest in your products/services: Based on which of your posts are being ‘liked’ the most, you can gauge interest in your products/services. You’ll get a better understanding of what may be better for your business’ growth and be able to improve your business and marketing plans.
So, what are you waiting for? Start networking on social media now!